Monday, July 26, 2010

How long should one wait for an invoice?

A recent item I won mentioned in the description to contact the seller for a quote for Priority mail service. I contacted the seller before bidding and got an acceptable quote. After winning I immediately requested an invoice from the seller, explaining I would like Priority shipping, but I haven't received it yet. It's only been a little over a day but I would like to get the item paid for and shipped because I would like to use it for a present I'm making my mom for Mother's Day. The item will be coming from France. If I don't get an invoice today does anyone think the seller would get confused or upset if I change the shipping to the amount that the seller quoted to me and go ahead and pay?|||I wouldn't think it would bother them. You could write a note in the message area as a reminder It might take a little extra time to get a response from foreign countries. Sometimes they have to translate the messages.|||Priority shipping is a service of the USPS. France's postal system may or may not offer a similar service though in truth Priority is not Express and does not move faster than First Class.|||If you go ahead and pay and leave a note, please don't hold your breathe that all goes as planned! Think positive , but having to "contact seller for..." things like this could lead to misunderstandings.|||Be mindful that this is a weekend, and the seller may not do eBay full-time, or check their messages everyday. Give it a couple of days. Mother's Day is still a month away. That should be plenty of time for international expedited shipping if the seller ships next week, provided the item isn't held up in customs.friends Director,|||Figuring that money is a universal language, I went ahead and sent the payment with a short note in English and French. The seller responded that she thought she had sent me an invoice but that she must have forgotten to hit the Send button. She says the package will be shipped ASAP. Now I will just have to sweat bullets that the fragile, antique domed glass will survive the international shipping and customs gorillas. Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.|||Not only do you need to keep in mind it is the weekend but also the time difference. And no..Priority Mail is not available from Europe..Called Express Mail..Costs more and no quicker. (but then again..I have had overnight mail take 14 days here in the states)|||

No comments:

Post a Comment