Monday, July 26, 2010

Will Ebay Buyer Protection Protect me?

I want to buy a new in the box Sony Laptop I found listed... if I win the bid, pay for it with PayPal, and the seller re-nigs in some way or never ships, will I my funds (about $1150) be protected by the Ebay Buyer Protection through PayPal... or is that a false sense of security... Are there any caveats I need to watch out for? Pay by credit card, pay from a bank account, etc... I only have one shot at this, it the buyer goes south, I won't have the funds to loose... Thanks!|||A Paypal payment backed by your credit card is the safest way to go, but having said that I (we probably) couldn't give a blessing to a $1150 electronics purchase without knowing who you're dealing with!|||Definitely pay by credit card.Need a website fast?|||Personally, I would never buy an expensive electronic item on eBay. Why not go to a store?|||I think it's reneges....not re-nigs....lol|||And we don't want to give you a "a false sense of security... " about paying by CC either. Many of us, me included, would never make a purchase like that on eBay no matter how wonderful the seller looked. The closest I got was buying a laptop for my sister directly from D*ll, and even that scared me!|||I wouldn't buy a laptop on eBay either - to may problems could come up. James - I bought my current computer directly from Dell's scratch & dent website at a great price and it is a wonderful computer! New 1 1/2 years ago, with absolutely up-to-date stuff on it, for less than $250. Has run perfectly.|||I'm another one that won't buy electronics here unless I'm buying it for parts or as parts. Heck, I learned my leason years ago, I don't even buy electronics at a local auction unless I can test it first otherwise I will bid my parts price there too.|||Buy local and you don't have any of the concerns. I wouldn't buy anything on eBay that I can buy locally.|||I would never spend that kind of money on eBay or buy a laptop on eBay. Do you realize the warranty is likely void? Not too many eBay sellers are authorized vendors. If you simply must risk your money like this at the very least use a credit card to pay.|||I would go to a reputiable computer store to get your laptop. I did and luckily so because I had a great warranty when something breaks it is covered 100%. You could get a laptop on ebay and in 2 months something could go seriously wrong, which would not be the sellers fault, and you are out that money. Some items need a warranty and computers are high on that list.This is a posting ID to help fight against AI or RLI. I have no agenda other than to express my opinion, which is just that, an Opinion.|||jra---- why are you posting this all over the place? No one on these boards works for ebay.Even when I am telling a lie I am truthful. Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment