Monday, July 26, 2010

Your opinions about ebay's response concerning this buyer protection case..

I had to file a SNAD regarding an item I recieved that I paid over $600.00 for. I was told by a rep via email to return the item at "said address" before recieving a refund. OK........returned the item, at my expense..........provided tracking. After a time........I check tracking and it says the item is undeliverable at the address given. I call Ebay........and the girl I spoke with apologized and said she would have to see about getting the item redirected. she tried to call the seller, which I had done several times without a response..........of which she also did not get a response........ She told me that when the item arrived back to me that Ebay would issue a $25 credit for my time and trouble and for the lost monies I incurred in shipping fees. She told me she would call me the next day. Next day came...........no call. I call Ebay when she didn't call........and got a different rep. this different rep told me I sent the item back in the beginning to the wrong address.........of which I would have lost money and item........until I let the rep know that the previous rep had sent an "email" to me........directing this rep to the email stating the address to return the item to. Oh yes he says........there it is. OK......he says.........here is the correct address to send the item to when it returns to you. I told him about the credit amount the previous ebay rep (who was supposed to return my phone call, but didn't) said they would credit my account...........and he said he'd take care of that. Instead of issuing a $25.00 credit to my account as promised..........he issued a coupon for $10.00 off my next purchase.......which doesn't even cover the shipping I will have been out because I was issued the wrong address by them to start with.........with a message to ask questions before purchasing next time. May I ask what you all think about this?|||I am afraid your experience is typical of many Ebay Reps and the new Ebay dispute resolution system. They are understaffed, under trained and often very simply inept. I would call the dispute resolution dept back and ask to speak to a Supervisor. Explain, you were instructed by the 1st Ebay rep via email to return the item to the wrong seller's address. Advise neither you , nor the Ebay rep were/are able to reach the seller at the listed contact info (phone #). Finally, advise instead of the promised $25 credit for the erroneous shipping address provided by Ebay rep #1 , the 2nd Ebay rep issued a $10 coupon, once again demonstrating the lack of training and proper follow thru by Ebay reps. Politely , insist on the promised $25 refund for the return S&H. Ask the Ebay supervisor, IF once the item is returned to you, will you again, be required to resend at your expense, in view of the major screw ups via not one, but two Ebay dispute resolution reps. They may , offer to pay the reship costs again, for the total mishandling by their reps.The Ebay Buyer's Protection program is still new and has many glitches. I shutter to think, what will happen, when Ebay takes over all buyer disputes from Paypal.|||If you are still , unable to reach the seller via telephone listed with Ebay as their contact info, this is a violation that should be reported. Use this Link You can request the seller's contact info (phone #) here Link I would double check the newest request for the seller's phone number, with the one the last Ebay rep gave you.|||If the purchase was for the $600 Louis Vuitton bag, you must use signature confirmation for the return as it is over $250 value. You should also insure the package, just in case it gets lost or damaged during transit back to the seller. Ebay should have told you this, when asking you to return the item. Your seller has only 7 feedback and claims the item was a "gift".|||It looks like your seller is using the Ex husband's Ebay user acct. Look at the user name She states this bag was purchased in LV by her Ex husband. That likely accounts for the change or difference in the Ebay contact info Phone and address. She may have recently only updated the contact info.|||My thoughts are that this is typical of eBay's customer service on all issues. Chickens running around with their heads cut off is the visual I have of their call centers..... I sure hope you bought this fake bag with a credit card....you may need it's protection. Designer goods are not safe to buy on eBay unless you are an expert. Most are fake. Maybe the ex did buy it for her and lied about it being real and she didn't know but......

No comments:

Post a Comment