Monday, July 26, 2010

Sent to wrong address

Looking for some advise on this. There have been some problems in my area with items that are left on porches being stolen. I ordered a designer bag, and to avoid the possibility of having it stolen while I was at work, I changed the ship to location on check-out to my sister in laws. She is almost aways home and can take delivery for me (the address is VERIFIED with Paypal). So guess what happened? The seller ignored the checkout information and sent the bag to my house, and dispite it showing as delivered on April 1st - I never received it. I am figuring that it was stolen as this has happened to a few people around me. Do I have any recourse? I am getting in touch with the post office on Monday.|||Did you add your SIL address as a gift address within your PP account? Or did you just write a note to the seller?|||It was not a note. When you check out via PP, there is an option where you can change the address, so that when you actually look at the order details either on eBay or PP it shows my sister in laws address.|||Sellers are not covered by PayPal if the ship anywhere but the PayPal address marked eligible. You should have added the address to your PayPal account as a gift/alternate address before paying. How is the address verified with PayPal? Do you have a bank account/credit card attached to that address?|||The address was added to the account quite awhile ago. There is a credit card attached to the address, in PP so it is verified. The address would have covered the seller - no problem.|||Have you contacted the seller and asked why they used the wrong address?|||Most likely the shipping address you entered on paypal was different from the one on ebay. This has happened numerous times to sellers on ebay when the shipping address on ebay is different from the on ebay. If ebay wanted to improve the buying/selling experience they would listen to their customers and just have one shipping address. Sellers are required to ship the paypal address, not ebay address. You should contact the seller first and ask why they didnt ship to paypal address. You also should be able to get back your money with paypal if you file an INR with paypal.|||Sellers are required to ship only to the address shown on the Paypal Transaction Details Page for the seller to be covered. Is your sister in laws address showing on the transaction details page or not? I would verify the Paypal Transaction Details page shows the correct address. Contact your seller and report the "theft" to your local Post Master. The Postal Inspectors need the report to stake out the area and catch the thieves.||||||I found out that all sellers don't always check either the PayPal or the eBay address for the transaction when mailing. Recently a seller sent a package to me rather than than to my daughter's gift address which showed both on the eBay and PayPal transaction information. The seller got my address in the notice eBay sends sellers that I won the item. To add to the aggravation, I mailed the package to my daughter and the last information the DC shows is our area's sorting facility on March 19. I had to file a report with the Postal Inspector despite my local PO's considerable efforts to shake loose my package. Now, if I use a gift address I always let my seller know to use the transaction address rather than my address in the Won email.||||||The shipper is required to ship to the address Paypal puts on the label My guess is the Seller tried to get a jump start and prepared the package for shipment using the Buyers eBay address. Then they received the eMail that payment had been made and shipped the package out without even looking at the address on the PayPal transaction page. .Delivery Confirmation is confirmation of delivery, not tracking.|||The location was changed and neither PayPal nor the carrier screwed up. The order detail on both eBay & PP very clearly state the ship to location is my sister inlaws. And why would a seller not look at the address? How exactly would they be able to send the package out, with knowing where it was going? The seller did not use PP to print a label, so either he was guessing or at some point he would have needed to look at the address. Because both the PP ship to location and the eBay order details page location state that it was to be shipped to my sister inlaw, this constitutes an "ignore" in my book.|||File Item not recieved. It is up to Seller to insure and if they did they can file claim.|||This has happend to me before when the label printed it printed the buyers address even tho the paypal transaction page had the correct gift address. I caught it before it went out but when printing the labels most times I don't double check the address that is printed out with the one that is listed.This is a posting ID to help fight against AI or RLI. I have no agenda other than to express my opinion, which is just that, an Opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment