Monday, October 26, 2009

Unable to play any video or movies in ...

None of my video or movies appear to be working in iTunes anymore. Whenver I try to play any, iTunes does nothing (appears to pause for a fes secs then nothing). I am using iTunes 9.0.1.8 on a Windows Vista PC. I have also re-installed itunes, but to no avail. Whenever I try to play the videos in Quicktime diretly I get message:
"Error -2048: Couldn't open the file XYZ.m4v because it s not a file that QuickTime understands."

I did a google of the error message and found a few suggestions including re-encoding my videos....no thanks!!! The following Apple Support link came up: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2535
This basically said that I need to PAY for a Quicktime plugin.

Does anyone have a striaghtforward solution to this problem. Note that my videos also include downloads from the iTunes store.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Grant.

Orignal From: Unable to play any video or movies in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment